Difna Shares 10 Tips to Get Your Bikini Body Ready for Summer
Well, if you haven’t been outside much in the past few weeks, guess what? Summer is almost here. That means if you haven’t taken the time yet to tone back up after the holidays and all that great food you had, you still have a little time! And if all you need is some toning, a little time will still do the trick! Just follow these 10 simple fitness tips and you’ll be ready for your bikini in no time.
1. Get hydrated – Of course you’ve heard this a million times, but it’s true – drink more water! Your body needs plenty of water to function well, especially when the heat comes. Water will flush out toxins, give you more energy, help you sleep better, keep your joints moving well, and has dozens of other great benefits – like keeping you more full so you don’t eat as much!
2. Cut the sugar – Sugar mostly turns directly into fat, so cut back on the sweets and sodas. If you’re drinking more water too, the combination of tips 1 and 2 will take you a long way.
3. Do full-body workouts – This isn’t the time to isolate a certain muscle group. Now is the time to do push-ups, squats, burpees, and other exercises that get your whole body in on the action. These get you more fit overall and quicker. (And squats will do wonders for your rear and thighs!)
4. Go negative – Not your attitude, your exercise. Negatives are the lowering part on an exercise. So when you do push-ups, lowering yourself back to the floor is the negative part. Don’t just fall. Lower yourself slowly and purposefully, taking about twice as much time on the negative as you do on the positive. Concentrating on the negatives lets you get better results with less time and less reps. That’s more pool time!
5. Do plyometrics – Especially if you’re cardio-averse (don’t be though, running is awesome), plyometrics are a great way to work your entire body and burn off calories. Plyo exercises are things like long jumps, jump lunges, and sprints.
6. Stand up straight – No, I’m not kidding. Straightening your posture makes you look leaner immediately, but it also burns more calories and even raises your confidence.
7. Cut back the carbs – Don’t cut out carbs completely, your body needs them for energy. But the refined carbs you get from bread and other common foods make you retain water and turn into fat unless you burn them off. Get your carbs from fruits and veggies instead.
8. Walk uphill – Again for the cardio-averse, walking may be your substitute. Just finding hills to walk up instead of flat surfaces will make a world of difference.
9. Cut sodium – It’s everywhere, so beware. Sodium will keep you bloated though, so get as much of it as possible out of your diet.
10. Get enough sleep – Beauty sleep isn’t a myth, actually. Your body runs better when you get at least 7-8 hours of sleep at night. And when your body runs better, it naturally burns calories and gets you closer to your ideal weight.
Now make it happen! It’s not that tough after all. And everyone here at DIFNA fitness knows you can get that bikini body!